Welcome to Cumberland County Schools
Where We Believe in Supporting Beginning Teachers for
“Success Unlimited with Cumberland County’s Entry Support System”
One of Cumberland County’s goals is to recruit, select, develop and retain the best personnel. Your success as an educator is important to us. This year will be filled with many rewards and challenges. SUCCESS, Success Unlimited with Cumberland County’s Entry Support System, an induction program, is organized to provide support to our new professionals.
Goals of SUCCESS:
- To assist the new teacher in developing decision-making skills to include: positive expectations for all students, techniques in competent classroom management, skills in lesson planning and techniques for effective instruction.
- To establish a collaborative professional team responsible for providing assistance and support.
- To increase career commitment and retention of initially licensed teachers.
- To meet mandated requirements related to induction and certification.
- To transmit the culture of the school and system.
Beginning Teacher Highlights
Check out the News Release as Cumberland County Schools (CCS) announces its 2022 Beginning Teacher (BT) of the Year Finalists.
Cumberland County Schools' 'newest teachers to the profession recently attended a Beginning Teacher (BT) Orientation. Their days were filled with sessions about English Language Arts, reading and mathematics resources as well as effective engagement strategies to get and keep students excited about learning.
Check out the video of our Beginning Teachers as they visit the 2021 Beginning Teachers' School Store. They will share with us how much they enjoy the store and the things in it.