CCS' Extra Mile Award
2465 Gillespie Street
Fayetteville, NC 28303
“A recognition program for CCS employees”
Cumberland County Schools recognizes the collective contributions of every employee to the overall mission of the district. We strive to maintain a work environment in which it is clear that we value and appreciate employees for their contributions. CCS’ Extra Mile Award is designed to acknowledge employees who demonstrate a sustained high level of performance and inspire others to do their best.
Who is Eligible?
Any permanent full-time or part-time staff member employed by Cumberland County Schools is eligible for nomination. There are six core values meant to capture the variety of ways that great work is done within CCS for which individuals can be recognized:
- Serve as model citizens to CCS students, faculty, staff, or external community members
- Serve as role models to others through positive interactions
- Act in a humanitarian way by “doing the right thing” for another person or group
- Actively participates in fostering the development of students and/or staff through change initiatives
- Positively influence others in working towards departmental or organizational objectives
- Invest time and effort in coaching and/or mentoring
- Foster community by building bridges for individuals or groups to come together for intellectual or social connections
- Develop innovative solutions to business challenges
- Break down boundaries and/or create new relationships to improve the way work gets done
- Approach problems as opportunities for growth and learning
- Assist students with achieving the desired outcome despite adversity
- Assist students with overcoming obstacles to achieve results that support the success
- Seek opportunities to share valuable resources
- Consistently provide high quality, reliable and critical work that, if undone, would halt highly visible operations
- Demonstrate a steady willingness to improve work situations and does so without prompting or fanfare
- Provide a unique level of service that fosters community relationships and further enhances the reputation of the school/district
- Take the initiative to support others and go beyond the call of duty
Recognition for Award Winners
Recognition for award winners will include a visit from the Superintendent (or designee), a certificate, and Board recognition.
Nominations can be submitted by completing the Nomination Form – CCS’ Extra Mile Award.
The CCS’ Extra Mile Award committee will review nominations each month and select one winner. Nominations are due by the 15th of each month.