Student Assignment Forms

Contact Us

  • Student Assignment Department
    2465 Gillespie Street
    Fayetteville, NC 28306
    Phone: 910-678-2616

    Melody Chalmers-McLain
    Associate Superintendent, Student Support Services

    Saundra McNeill
    Student Assignment Manager

  • Affidavit for Residency

    Current proof of residency to attend any public school in the Cumberland County Schools system is required. This Affidavit of Residency form is a sworn statement that a person or family resides at an address in Cumberland County, North Carolina. The affidavit is completed by the landlord or the person whose name appears on the lease, mortgage, and/or utilities at that address. This form should also be notarized by a Notary and subsequently submitted to the data manager of the school in which the student/students are attempting to enroll.”

    Comments (-1)

    The 2023-2024 Voluntary Transfer Application window is now closed. 

    All requests submitted prior to the May 31, 2023 deadline will be processed and notification will be made within 10-12 business days from the date of submission. The Student Assignment Office is currently working through the CCS Year End Transition Process.  The Voluntary Transfer Application will re-open for additional applications beginning July 5, 2023, upon conclusion of the year end processes.

    Thank you for your interest in Cumberland County Schools.

    Please complete and return this form ONLY if you are assigned a year-round school that is serving your address and you want your child assigned to the traditional school that is also serving your address.  This form is only valid for the 2023-2024 school year.  

    Your child will be assigned to the year-round school serving your address for the 2023-2024 school year unless you submit this form.

    2023-2024 Opt-Out of Year-Round Form


    Note: If you wish for your child to remain at the assigned year-round school, the assignment is for the full academic year. Students can change their assignments during the school year only if they move out of the current attendance area.


    The Cumberland County Schools Student Release form grants permission for release from the Cumberland County School system to attend another North Carolina public school system. Once this form is submitted to the Student Assignment Office, it will be placed on the CCS Board of Education Agenda to be reviewed by the CCS Board of Education. A notification letter will be sent to you and the NC public school system for which the release is requested.

    This form must be completed and submitted for review annually if you wish for your child to continue enrollment/attendance in another NC public school system while residing in Cumberland County.

    2023-2024 Student County Release




    The 2023-2024 Choice Exit Application request window is now closed.

    All requests completed on or before the May 31, 2023 deadline will be processed and the schools will be notified of the status.  If you have submitted an exit, please contact your assigned school regarding steps to complete the enrollment process. This application is not required if transferring out-of-county, out-of-state, or out of the public school system.

    Thank you for your interest in Cumberland County Schools.