Special Population: Pre-K/EC-PreK/EC
Supporting Pre-K/EC-PreK/EC Separate Return
★ Personnel (approximately 600)
★ Enhanced PPE
★ Mask Restrictions
★ EC Drivers/Monitors and Student Transportation
★ Site Preparation
★ Paraprofessional Training with a BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst)
★ Cleaning Protocol
★ Virtual Students
★ Daily Instruction
- All accommodations in the 504 Plan can not be implemented.
- An Amendment to the 504 Plan will be created for each student.
- Amendments are temporary and do not replace the Section 504 Plan.
When School Reopens:
- Amendments will cease.
- The originally written 504 Plan will be implemented.
- 504 Teams will meet to update the 504 Plan as needed.
- In-Person Instruction
- Normal capacity of 16-18 students
- Parent’s decision to have their child attend or not attend
- Remote Instruction
- Delivered by the teacher and/or teacher assistant (Synchronize with live classroom activities.)
- Social Distancing
- Cohort placement
- Outdoor play and in other areas outside of classroom
- Outdoor activities-free choice-free play
- Required except during napping
- Child/Teacher Ratio
- Classroom and playground at all times
- Reporting Requirements
- Report to NC Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) all cases of suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the classroom, home, other contacts.
- Applicable for all 29 NCPK classrooms
- Available to PreK students within their attendance area