Academy of Global Studies
- Offers a rigorous college preparatory program for motivated students.
- Emphasizes honors and/or AP level mathematics, science, foreign languages, history, literature, and the arts.
- Encourages global awareness through participation in an annual Global Symposium, often conducted by experts from local universities.
- Prepares students for the competitive world of college scholarships and business by incorporating social skills into the program.
- Incorporates curriculum-based field trips.
- Encourages responsibility by requiring 20-50 volunteer hours each year.
- Requires a senior project that emphasizes a global issue.
- Prepares students for the competitive world of college scholarships and business by incorporating social, technical and research skills into the program.
2022-2023 School of Global Studies:Global Application
Min. 3.0 GPA average with no grades lower than a “C” prior school year.
The School of Global Studies at Terry Sanford High School is a choice program designed for success in college and in the 21st century with a curriculum that is interdisciplinary, interconnected, and focused on global relationships – allowing all students to gain a heightened awareness of current issues facing our international community while developing a global perspective and foundation of knowledge in which to better understand our world today and have a positive effect tomorrow.
Deborah Vajner, Director: email@example.com
FTS School of Global Studies
Phone: 910-484-1151 Ext. 754