Student Services

  • School Counselor

    Professional school counselors are certified/licensed educators with a minimum of a Master's degree in school counseling, making them uniquely qualified to address students' cognitive, socio-emotional, and career development needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.  They also provide consultation, individual and group counseling, academic advice.  In addition, they provide prevention, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution.

    Lauren Folsom- School Counselor - 7th Grade

    Gwen Hamby-School Counselor - 6th Grade

    Destiny McLean-School Counselor - 8th Grade


    School Social Worker-Tina Smart
    School Social Workers are trained mental health professionals with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in social work.  They are the link between the home, school, and the community.  School social workers provide direct as well as indirect services to students, families, and school personnel, such as monitoring school attendance, promoting dropout prevention, consultation, information and referral, identification of at-risk students, and counseling.  In addition, they provide prevention, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution.


    School Exceptional Children's Case Worker
    The EC Case Teacher can address concerns about students eligible for special education services. They can verify service implementation and communicate with the student’s team to meet their academic and functional needs. In addition, she can coordinate Child Find. This is a coordinated effort between the Student Services Team and the Exceptional Children Services to locate and identify children and youth suspected of or diagnosed with a disability who might have intellectual, physical, or emotional disabilities and are unable to benefit from the regular school program without special assistance.

    Wendy Nelson -  Exceptional Children's Case Worker
    Availability - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday


    School Psychologist-Noelia Caban-Availability - Monday and Wednesday
    School psychologists are highly trained in both psychology and education, completing a minimum of a specialist-level degree program. They provide assessment and testing of students for special services.  Consultation for teachers.  Counseling for students.  In addition, they provide prevention, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and program modification for special learning and/or behavioral needs.


    School Nurse-Angela Melvin-Availability - Thursday 
    School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement and health of students.  School nurses facilitate health services such as immunizations, communicable disease control, vision and hearing screening, and follow-up, health assessments and referrals, and health counseling and information for students and families.  School nurses actively collaborate with school personnel, students, and parents to create health plans and to administer medication.


    CCS Military Family & Youth Liaison-Kimberly Jones

    The military family and youth liaison (MFYL) acts as a communication link between the installation and the school district in order to ease the transition for military students. The MFYL coordinates and supports efforts to: assess needs, build awareness of resources, and connect those with needs to supportive solutions.  For more information, please visit Military Connections


    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

    Why Call?
    No matter what problems you are dealing with, we want to help you find a reason to keep living. By calling 1-800-273-TALK,  you’ll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7.

    Who should call?
    If you feel you are in a crisis, whether or not you are thinking about killing yourself, please call Lifeline. People have called us for help with substance abuse, economic worries, relationships, and family problems, sexual orientation, illness, getting over abuse, depression, mental and physical illness, and even loneliness.

    What happens when I call?
    When you dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255), you call the crisis center on the Lifeline network closest to your location. After you call, you will hear a message saying you have reached the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You will hear hold music while your call is being routed. You will be helped by a skilled, trained crisis worker who will listen to your problems and will tell you about mental health services in your area. Your call is confidential and free.