Parents Need to Know
One Parent-Teacher conference is scheduled for each semester. However, the principal and the teachers may request conferences at any time with parents to discuss the progress and problems of the student. Parents may arrange conferences with the individual teachers during their planning period or schedule conferences through administration.
Parent-Teacher Conference Date:
General tips on having a successful conference:
- Ask your child if there is anything that he/she would like you to discuss with the teacher.
- Review your child’s work, grades, and progress reports.
- Make a note of everything that you want to talk about with the teacher.
- Arrive promptly or a few minutes early.
- Start with positive comments about the teacher and/or classroom.
- Avoid lengthy discussions of topics that are not related to the purpose of the conference.
- Keep your emotions under control.
- Be open-minded to suggestions from the teacher.
- Take notes about what has been discussed to share with your child.
- Express your appreciation for the conference.
- Do not stay beyond your allotted time.