Student Services

    Student Services is committed to supporting the instructional process by identifying and eliminating barriers to learning, advocating for the needs of the whole child, and empowering all students to become lifelong learners in the 21st century.


    Some of the Special Resources Available at Eastover-Central School of Arts

    School Counselor:
    Name: Kelly Henry
    Phone: 910-483-8997
    Times Available: Mondays – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) 
    Professional school counselors are certified/licensed educators with a minimum of a Master’s degree in school counseling, making them uniquely qualified to address students’ cognitive, socio-emotional, and career development needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.  They also provide consultation, individual and group counseling, and academic advisement.  In addition, they provide prevention, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution.

    School Social Worker:
    Name:: Jessica Smith
    Phone: 910-483-8997
    Times Available: Mondays (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)/ Tuesdays (8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
    School Social Workers are trained mental health professionals with a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in social work.  They are the link between the home, school, and community.  School social workers provide direct as well as indirect services to students, families, and school personnel such as monitoring school attendance, promoting dropout prevention, consultation, information and referral, identification of at-risk students, and counseling.  In addition, they provide prevention, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution.

    School Psychologist: 
    Name: Judy Norris
    Phone: 910-483-8997
    Times Available: Monday – Friday  (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
    School psychologists are highly trained in both psychology and education, completing a minimum of a specialist-level degree program. They provide assessment and testing of students for special services, consultation for teachers, and counseling for students. In addition, they provide prevention, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and program modification for special learning and/or behavioral needs.

    School Exceptional Children Case Manager:
    Name: Selina Munn
    Phone: 910-483-8997
    Times Available: Mondays Only (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
    The EC Case Teacher can address concerns for students eligible for special education services. They can verify service implementation and communicate with the student’s team to meet their academic and functional needs. In addition, she can coordinate Child Find. This is a coordinated effort between the Student Services Team and the Exceptional Children Services to locate and identify children and youth suspected of or diagnosed with a disability who might have intellectual, physical, or emotional disabilities and are unable to benefit from the regular school program without special assistance.

    School Nurse:  
    Name: Angela Melvin
    Phone: 910-483-8997
    Times Available: Wednesdays Only (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) 
    School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement and health of students.  School nurses facilitate health services such as immunizations, communicable disease control, vision and hearing screening, and follow-up, health assessments and referrals, and health counseling and information for students and families.  School nurses actively collaborate with school personnel, students, and parents to create health plans and to administer medication.

    CCS Military Family & Youth Liaison:
    Name: -
    E-mail: -
    Phone: -

    The military family and youth liaison (MFYL) acts as a communication link between the installation and the school district in order to ease the transition for the military students.  The MFYL coordinates and supports efforts to: assess needs, build awareness of resources, and connect those with needs to supportive solutions.

    Military-affiliated families may gain more information, as well as additional resources, through accessing the district’s Military Connection webpage using the following link: CCS Military Connections

    Community Resources for mental health and wellness concerns
    NC 211 or dial 211 to locate local programs & services
    Hope 4 NC or Call the Helpline 1-855-587-3463 
    Cumberland County Department of Social Services or call (910) 677-2450
    Alliance Health Crisis Service  or call 1-800-510-9132
    No Kid Hungry North Carolina or Text FOODNC to 877-877 to find FREE, Healthy meals for kids in NC.
    The National Child Traumatic Stress Network