Scholarships & Applications
PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE WHICH IS INCLUDED IN EACH GOOGLE FORM.
The United Way Youth Growth Stock Trust has established scholarships for high school seniors enrolled in Cumberland County Schools and are registered in a Health Science Curriculum and plan to pursue a nursing or other health-related career. The scholarship awards will be $1,000 each. Students must meet the following criteria:
- Currently a Cumberland County Schools high school senior enrolled in an advanced level Health Science Education course.
- Applied or enrolled in nursing or other health-related programs at Fayetteville Technical Community College, Sandhills Community College, Fayetteville State University, Methodist University, Campbell University or the University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
- Must agree to work in a health-related field in North Carolina for at least three years.
- Complete a 250-word essay explaining student’s goals, education, and career expectations.
- Complete an online application, answering all questions. Other attachments will not be considered in the selection process.
- Official transcripts for students will be pulled by the CTE office.
- The completed online application is due Friday, April 23, 2021. A Cumberland County Scholarship Selection Committee will select the winners.
FAYETTEVILLE TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (FTCC)
FTCC offers a variety of scholarships based upon financial need, major, or academic performance. The two scholarships listed below are major endowments for current seniors. For more information, visit your high school guidance counselor or go to FTCC Financial Aid.
FTCC Foundation High School Student Scholarships (Deadline is April 2, 2021)
The FTCC Foundation application is for current high school seniors planning to pursue full-time studies (12 or more credit hours) at FTCC beginning in Fall 2021. A minimum of 2.5 unweighted academic grade point average is required for this application. Interested students should have applied to FTCC for admission for Fall 2021 and completed their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA). FTCC's school code is 007640.
Please be prepared to submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, school counselor, or school administrator on the school letterhead along with your high school transcript** reflecting final grades through the first semester of your senior year.
Career Pathways/YGST Scholarship (Deadline is April 2, 2021)
- Cumberland County High School senior graduating in 2021
- Enrollment in a North Carolina Community College within one year of high school graduation to pursue an associate degree
- Minimum 2.5 unweighted academic grade point average (cumulative)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Concentrator (This includes students completing a CTE Certificate at FTCC through High School Connections.)
- Demonstrate need based off the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or an impact statement of need due to new circumstances otherwise not reflected on the FAFSA