Blended: Virtual and In-Person Learning
- AA/BB blended schedule for students in grades K-12 who have opted into blended learning
- Students will attend school in-person two days a week on a staggered re-entry schedule
- Wednesdays will be a remote independent learning (asynchronous work) day for all students to allow for deep cleaning, sanitation of buses, and teacher preparation
- Students will follow the schedule of their assigned school
Cohort A students will attend in-person classes on Mondays and Tuesdays and participate in virtual learning on Thursdays and Fridays.
Cohort B students will attend in-person classes on Thursdays and Fridays and participate in virtual learning on Wednesdays.
Remote Independent Learning
● Students will receive and submit assignments independently through Canvas.
Teachers and Staff
● Teachers and staff will collaborate, plan, and develop virtual learning content for students.
● Teachers will use Wednesdays to connect with students and families as necessary.
● Teachers and staff will telework to allow for deep cleaning.
● Schools will receive deep cleaning to support the cohort transition.
Learning Model Pathways
Due to varying staffing and building considerations, each school will develop their learning model to best meet the needs of their stakeholders using the district pathway options.
Blended Learning Pathways
- Paired Teacher Model
- Pairing teachers to provide instruction in a blended format for AA/BB students Interactive Livestream Model
- Assign a Full-time Virtual Learning teacher if numbers require this assignment
- Paired teachers plan collaboratively
- Interactive Livestream Model
- The classroom teacher will provide concurrent instruction to all groups of students assigned (AA/BB and Fulltime Virtual Learning) through interactive live streaming instruction
- Plug-In Teacher Model
- Teachers will provide in-person instruction for students on days they are in the building and develop independent learning content for students on days they are at home
- Plug-In personnel will be assigned to cohorts to provide live instruction and support for students on days they are at home
- Computers and Wi-Fi
- Students will bring their district computer to school on each in-person day
- Students who did not request a computer during Plan C will be assigned a laptop
- Wi-Fi buses will not be available during Plan B
- Canvas and WebEx
- Canvas will be used to help manage consistency as students rotate among cohorts or remain virtual fulltime and support safety
- PowerSchool will remain the way for parents to track grades and student performance
- Instructional Materials
- Instructional materials will be individualized to eliminate the sharing of books to support safety