Providing Cumberland County School students work-based learning opportunities is an integral part of the CTE career development model. We strive to infuse students with exposure to a variety of industry professionals to assist in making connections to the real world. We believe that our goals and career development model align with the CTE vision to empower all students to be successful citizens, workers, and leaders in a global economy.
Career Development Goals
- Provide all students with technical and employability skills to be successful citizens
- Prepare students to graduate college and career ready with the knowledge and skills needed to transition to the path of their choice.
- Coordinate comprehensive career services and activities
- Implement a dynamic work-based learning program to address the changing needs of our students
- Create positive community partnerships
- Reflect on our practices to stay current with new technologies and student interests