How To Become a Teacher
2465 Gillespie Street
Fayetteville, NC 28306
- Complete a 4-year University education program that leads to initial licensure
- Pass all required State Board of Education (SBE) testing
Residency Program (alternative license)
- Must already have a completed 4-year degree
- 2.7 GPA (a university may require additional courses if the GPA is low)
- Upon hire, you will be required to enroll in a university's residency program and complete all requirements determined by the university.
- Pass all required SBE testing
- Residency licenses are valid for up to three school years
- Both employment and enrollment with a university must be maintained.
Apply For Employment:
- Complete an employment application www.hr.ccs.k12.nc.us
- Upload all of your official transcripts
- Complete and upload a background form